If you’ve ever had second thoughts about an email you sent or noticed spelling errors and other changes after you already sent the email, enabling Undo Send is a great option to have in Gmail. It’s also great if you forgot to attach a file and want to avoid double emails.
Follow these steps to enable Undo Send:
1. Click on the button with the image of a sprocket in the top right corner of Gmail and click on Settings in the dropdown menu.
2. Click on the Labs tab at the top.
3. Scroll down to the bottom to find the Undo Send option and select Enable.
4. Click Save Changes at the bottom.
5. Go back to the Settings page and click on the General tab.
6. In the Undo Send section, select a cancellation time of 5, 10, 20, or 30 seconds.
For some reason, I notice way more mistakes in the 5 seconds after I hit “send” than I catch the during whole time I’m writing the email. This has saved me on multiple occasions already. I like to set it for 30 seconds… When is email ever more urgent than that?